I'm sure the rest of you mamas will agree, if we can have yummy fun healthy food at the ready, the "pick your food battle" battles go a lot better.
I love these handy dandy little muffins because they:
1. Are great for little fingers.
2. Can be made and frozen and taken out one by one.
3. Don't have to be refrigerated so great for lunches and snacks.
4. Are not filled with sugar and grain carbs.
5. They are congestors, but without grain. They are the kind of congestor that is GREAT for sick little ones as they can thicken up diarrhea and slow vomiting or are a great first food after being sick.
These muffins fit the builder and congestor categories, even though they are made with APPLES (an eliminator) the apples are baked and provide a reductive sugar through cooking and so become a congestor. Pair with fresh orange juice, green juice, and sliced fruit to provide a balanced Food FX snack or meal.
Apple Cinnamon Finger Muffins
1 cup diced apples
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/3 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup coconut oil or butter
1/2 cup quick oatmeal
1 cup chopped pecans, optional
Put all into the ninja blender bowl and blend until completely combined. Bake in mini muffin pans @ 350 for 20 minutes.