I'm sure the rest of you mamas will agree...if we can have yummy fun healthy food at the ready, the "pick your food battle" battles go a lot better.
I love these handy dandy little muffins because they:
1. Are great for little fingers
2. Can be made and frozen and taken out one by one
3. Don't have to be refrigerated so great for lunches and snacks
4. Are not filled with sugar and grain carbs
5. They are congestors, but without grain. They are the kind of congestor that is GREAT for little sick ones as they can thicken up diarrhea and slow vomiting or are a great first food after being sick.
These muffins fit the builder and congestor categories, even though they are made with APPLES ( an eliminator) the apples are baked and provide a reductive sugar through cooking and so become a congestor. Pair with fresh orange juice, green juice, and sliced fruit to provide a balanced Food FX snack or meal.
Apple Cinnamon Finger Muffins
1 cup diced apples
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/3 c honey
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 c coconut flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 c coconut oil or butter
1/2 c quick oatmeal
1 c chopped pecans, optional
Put all into the ninja blender bowl and blend until completely combined. Bake in mini muffin pans @ 350 for 20 minutes.
Like 'em? Give us a review
Was this article helpful? Comment below or send feedback
Like what you see? Keep having free access to all DrFoodie has to offer by registering for a free account
Don't miss a day! Subscribe to receive each day's Reset Plan and Meals to your email inbox!
Like this article? Subscribe to this blog’s RSS feed using: https://drfoodie.live/blogs/news.atom
Order DrFoodie's new book: "Clean Your Plate" now